Pages - Menu

Friday, February 01, 2013

Fullness of Joy

Joy (noun) - the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying

In the bible, the psalmist says that in God's presence there is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11). From experience I have come to realize that in God's presence, not only is there fullness of joy, but peace and love. No matter how I feel, no matter what the circumstance may be, I know that I can always go to my secret place and find the Lord. When I spend time with God, I can cry my eyes out in sorrow or I can dance and sing praises unto Him. Whenever I need a refreshing, or someone to run to in my time of trouble, without fail I know my God is always there. He sees my heart full of joy as I dance before Him and He hears my faintest cry when I can't even utter a word. Whether I am at home alone or in a crowded room full of hundreds of people, whenever I feel God's presence, there is a joy that comes over me that I can not explain. The goodness of God's presence is so overwhelmingly sweet that it sometimes makes me smile from ear to ear, and other times brings me to tears of happiness because of the gratefulness that flows from my heart. There is a song that says 'Hide Me, Lord Hide Me...Hide Me Lord in Your Presence .." and that is my daily heart's cry. I want to live in God's presence every day of my life where there is restoration, peace, strength and joy. There is no place I would rather be.