Pages - Menu

Monday, February 04, 2013

Perception is Everything

"Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you." 
-Jon Bon Jovi
In my toughest hour, I learned that how you view yourself, others, and the situations you are faced with will determine how you live your life. I decided to make up my mind to always see everything that happens to me as a blessing. If I recalled the last three years of my life and told my story to others, many people may say that I went through "hell on earth." At the time that I was going through all that I was going through, my mind and emotions may have agreed with those people - but my spirit had hope in God that things would soon get better. My perception of it all is what kept me going. I chose to see that the hard times that I was faced with was ultimately for my good. I made up in my mind that I was going to become better from my circumstances and learn my lessons from my mistakes. I decided that no matter what happened I would always keep pressing on in the things of God and not give up. In the process of it all, He continued to give me strength and in the end, I am stronger, wiser, and more mature because of it all. I can only thank God for every trial and tribulation - those times have made me into the woman I am today. Every day, I put on the mind of Christ by changing my thoughts to line up with God's word (Romans 12:2). When the enemy tries to steal my happiness, my joy, and my peace, I run to God who is able to sustain me through it all.

James 1:2-4 MSG
Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do it's work so you become mature and well developed, not deficient in any way.


                      "If you just change your perception, your whole life will change."
                                                                                                  -Jason Green