Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 31, 2013

So Grateful

A lot of times giving thanks is only associated with the holiday season, when we all gather together and give thanks for each other and what we have. During this time in my life, I realized that I can't help but to be grateful every second of every day of my life. The fact that my family and I are alive and healthy is enough alone for me to thank God for eternity. The fact that I am happily married with two beautiful children is not something that I take for granted - in fact I count it a privilege. It's just the little things that make me smile that I am so thankful for. The wonderful and priceless memories that I have of my sister and I growing up playing dress up in Mommy's makeup, or the heartfelt conversations that I enjoy once a week with my grandmother are moments in time that I will always cherish. When I close my eyes and think back to the heart flutters that I felt when I met Jason for the first time, or the joy that I feel when I look into my baby girl's eyes are feelings that I will never forget. For my parents, who did an awesome job raising us with all that they had, giving their best to us even in times of trouble are the people who I am so appreciative of. The fact that I became accepted in the beloved when Jesus Christ saved my soul is a priceless gift that I can never repay. The fact that I am God's daughter and whatever I ask of Him I can receive is something that even if I had ten thousand tongues I could not thank Him enough for. I bless God for supplying my every need and giving me every material thing that I have - but I am truly grateful for all of the great people and learning experiences that have helped me become the woman I am today.