Pages - Menu

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Good Life

Obedience is the pathway to the good life we want.

Sometimes, when God tells us to do something  it may be difficult to understand why. Even though I may not always "feel like" doing the right thing, I know that when I do what is right, God will be pleased. After all, I live my life to please Him. Every time God tells us to do something, it is ultimately for our good. To this day, I still don't understand why God had me do some of the things that He has told me to do, but I definitely don't mind reaping the benefits of obedience. A lot of times we talk ourselves out of our own blessings because we may over think things, or we allow the enemy to talk us out of being obedient to God. The biggest mistake we could ever make is to willingly disobey God. Just like obedience can trigger abundant blessings from heaven, disobedience has its consequences too. God knows all, and He sees all, but He always lets us choose what we will ultimately do. God wants us and our generations after us to be blessed, but we must be willing to live in obedience to God. The bible says that we have to choose between life and death, blessings and curses. When we do what God instructs us to do, we are choosing life. Strive to live a life that is pleasing to God and choose live every time.

Deuteronomy 30:19
"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your decedents might live!"